Instructor's Rating (1)
This rating allows the commercially rated pilot to act as an instructor on the aircraft types appropriately endorsed. Some candidates find this a useful method of gaining experience, although it should be considered as a long term commitment to the aviation industry.
Requirements for the issue of the Instructor’s Rating:
1. Be the holder of a valid Commercial Pilot’s license or Airline Transport Pilots’ License.
2. You must complete an approved training course, which involves theoretical knowledge pertaining to instruction and the presentation of ground and air exercise briefings.
3. You must have completed 20 hours of “Patter”, which is the process of learning to teach in the cockpit environment, and learning how to effectively demonstrate the various flight maneuvers, while providing meaningful commentary.
4. You must have passed the SA-CAA theoretical examinations.
5. Pass a combined theoretical and practical flight test with a SA-CAA nominated Designated Flight Examiner (DFE).